Indestructible Fry Tanks
For many years, I have used clear 8 quart Rubbermaid 6308 polycarbonate containers as fry tanks. They are durable and last for many years.
These tanks are great for many reasons:
- Unbreakable− they bounce right off a concrete floor
- Dishwasher Safe− So you can sterilize them
- Clear− so you can see your fry
- Smooth Inside− so that fry are not damaged when you pour them into a new tank for growout
- Optional Lid− to prevent jumpers and keep heat in
Visitors to my fishroom often ask where I buy them. In the past, I have found them at Sam's Club, but when I recently visited the store I found that they no longer carried them.
Fortunately, I found these conatiners online at Webrestaurantstore.com where they currently go for $10.50 each. The optional lid is $3.39 additional.